jueves, 30 de mayo de 2013

Scariest Movie of ALL TIME?

WHAT IS SCARY???

How's it going, folks.

To be honest, there are very few things that scare me in this world.
I'm kinda scared of spiders, sharks, snakes, Ashton Kutcher's acting, etc, etc...

But...is there a MOVIE that scares me?
Mhm...

I guess a lot of people have at least one movie that scares them. For some is "The Exorcist" for others, "The Shining", for others, "Insidious"...and the list would go on and on.

However there are some people who are not scared of movies.
Keep in mind, please, that when I say SCARED I mean that this movie or this character haunts your nightmares, you are afraid of walking alone in the dark because this film or character got you scared! You can't stop thinking about it!
That's being scared! Not jumping in the middle of the theater, that's just having a completely normal reaction to a loud sudden noise or image...WHICH IS NOT BEING SCARED!

For me...this is actually pretty hard to admit.

Since I believe a horror's film point is to scare you...well...there's only ONE single horror film, out of ALL OF THEM that scares me....to this day...

That is...

CHILD'S PLAY!!!!!!!

I know, I know... You must be thinking I'm a chicken or an asshole right now!

Guys, I'm not a chicken, nor an asshole. I'm not bullshitting you. 
I saw this films at a very early age. Can't remember exactly, but...it's actually a kind of a trauma...


I can't see a picture of Chucky without getting scared! Whenever I go into a toy store and I see Chucky...I have to get the hell out of there immediately! I remember my cousins one forced me to watch "Child's Play 3" (By the way..."Child's Play" is the scariest, the sequels are fine...still scary for me, though, except for "Bride of Chucky" and "Seed of Chucky", those ruined it) and I had a nervous breakdown...that lasted for MONTHS!

I couldn't sleep, I threw up all the time, I was thinking of Chucky every single second of every single minute of every single hour of every single day of every single week of every single month!

Chucky has a terrible effect on me! I don't dare watching this all on my own, or joined by my friends, or with an entire crowd supporting me. I can't! I'm too scared of this little bastard!

Believe it or not, I've heard cases of people who, just like me, are afraid of Chucky. Most of them were teenagers like me. I do believe I'm not alone and I think that...one day...I'm going to beat this up!

Now, to end this entry... I've said before that a horror film point is to scare people, and...since this is...in my opinion, the scariest film EVER MADE BY HUMAN KIND (this is probably kinda unfair since I saw it when I was a little kid and it's actually a trauma...but...meh)...I consider "Child's Play" to be...

THE BEST HORROR MOVIE EVER MADE! (for me...)

Please, leave a comment and tell me what are your thoughts on "Child's Play" and horror movies.
  • Do you have a favorite horror movie?
  • What is, in your opinion, the scariest film ever?
  • Are you afraid of Chucky or know someone who is?
This is the FUNTIME Productions blog, I am Gabriel...and, see ya' later, guys!

(films and people I mentioned in this entry)

No hay comentarios.:

Publicar un comentario